Redecorating our master. This room needed some love. Seriously. We've painted the walls a soothing gray color. Hung new cutains. Purchased new bedding. And we (Ollie) hung a new light fixture (which you can barely see, but I love it). There are a few more tweeks needed (new/different picture over the bed, white lamp shades, maybe a rug) but that's for dreaming right now.
We finally painted Livie's Room a light shade of pink. I know it's alot of pink but I really do love the way her room is coming together (especially on the rare moments it's clean). Like everything else I have plans in here too. Those little valances are going to be modified into some drapes eventually and I HAVE to find a place for all of her stuffed animals (no nets). I love her little desk - it was a craigslist find that I bought with the stool and a bed (which we sold to a friend) all for $100. I love that pop of blue in her room.
I spray painted our wicker chest black to match the mirror. I have plans to put something to the right of the chest. I have no idea what. But I'm thinking I'll know it when I see it. :)
And most recently we moved all of the furniture around in our family room. Becuase this past weekend we got something I've been wanting for a while. A white slipcovered sofa. I am sure you're thinking I've lost it. White? With 2 kids under 4? Yes, white with 2 kids under 4. Why becuase they are slipcovers. They can be washed and white can be bleached even. I love how they brighten up the room. This was another Craigslist find. I was not going to pay full price for furniture when there are 2 babes under 4 jumping on them (regardless of wheter they can be washed or not). The big project still left for this room would be the drapery panels. I can't wait to see how it all comes together once those are up. So exciting!
Here are the fabrics that will soon find there place in our house (not together in the same room mind you). With some much needed help from my Mema, I think we will be well on our way to having a house that looks as much as it feels like home. You see we have been busy!
3 comments:
Love it! Lookin' good!
Wow, Love it all!! I need to do some TLC to our house too! I love all the colors. I especially love Livie's white furniture. Lauren's big girl room will be white too. It's so pretty and girly.
Kenna, you could be an interior decorator! I need you to come over and give me some major pointers. Everything looks awesome!
Post a Comment