Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Leaps & Bounds



Miss Olivia is growing so fast! Ollie and I just went on a 5 day trip to Hilton Head and left Livie with Grandma & Grandpa. We missed her like crazy. It felt like something was missing the entire time we were gone. It was just weird being without her. When we got back to pick her up she was bigger, her hair was longer and one of her top teeth (she now has 4) had come in a little more. It was crazy! Being with her everyday you don't realize how she's changing so quickly!

She's still a tall skinny little thing. At her last doctor's appointment she was in the 97% percentile for height and 25% for weight which is pretty much where she has always been. She is feeding her self puff cereal, shredded cheese, mini ravioli and Cheetos (thanks, Grandma). She is all over the place crawling and cruising. She can actually stand for a few seconds now without holding on to anything. I have a feeling she will be walking before we know it. She also loves to wave and say "Da Da." to pretty much everyone. So my feelings aren't hurt yet since I don't think she knows what it means anyway. :)

One of her new favorite things to do is to play Crib Break. This entails a risky climbing maneuver out of her crib. She tries to stand on her crib bumper and pull herself up and almost over. So far she has not been successful. To keep it that way daddy lowered her crib which is now on it's lowest level (almost on the ground) and took out the bumper. That should do the trick...at least for a little while. My mom told me I used to do the same thing and that she had to put my crib mattress on the floor because I would try to play Crib Escapee very early on before I was ready for a toddler bed.

That's all I've got for now folks so until next time...

Love,

Livie's Mommy

1 comment:

toddandcourtney said...

look how cute the new page is! Its going to be so fun when sweet pea comes out & Olivia has a new cousin, only 1.5 years apart!