OK, so I knew Ma Ma was not going to be the first word that Olivia said and knew what it meant. It's a harder sound for babies to make or so I've heard. I really thought Da Da was the likely candidate for first understood word. She makes that Da Da sounds all of the time. She points at random objects and says, "Daaa." Sometimes Ollie's the object but not always.
What she has gotten figured out is totally amazing to me. Olivia's first real word is...Chewie. For anyone that doesn't know, Chewie is our 10 year old Shih Tzu. A cute, playful, very patient with Olivia little dog. She hears him bark and says, "Ewie." She sees him running in the yard, she points and says, "Ewie." She actually gets it. She knows Chewie is Ewie.
I guess it really should not surprise me. She hears his name all of the time. "Come here Chewie." "Time to potty Chewie." "No Chewie." "Good boy Chewie." "Chewie!"
As a side note, Olivia also has a southern accent. Ewie is drawn out like a hot summer afternoon. She's also picked up the word hey and her version is definitely 2 syllables. And it's not "Aye?" it's "Hey" so Ollie's Canadian influence hasn't crept in just yet.
I love that my little one is starting to communicate. Hearing her sweet little voice is the best part of my day. She's an amazing little gift.
Well I should get going...
Bye Ya'll (and that's a 2 syllable Bye) :)
Ewie
2 comments:
oh I love it. Ewie is the best. I cant wait to see ya'llll next month :o)
This blog made me laugh sooo hard. I think it is so fitting for her to say Ewie as her first word. Livers is the most comedic kid I know. And I luvs hers.
Post a Comment