It's official Livie is no longer a baby. Somewhere in the bylaws of babyland it stays that once your bambino turns 1, they must graduate to life as a toddler. On June 13th of this year Olivia crossed over into this new territory. But I protest! She is very much still MY baby. She is my sweet little angel. While she's picking up new words (night night, shoes - hopefully this doesn't mean a Manolo sort of future, lights, etc.) and she's now taking 1 or 2 steps by herself she's still my baby!
We have her 1 year well visit with the doctor tomorrow and I'm sure she will tell me it's time to wean her from the bottle, wean her from the thumb sucking and start applying to universities. This is all just happening too fast for me. This past year has gone by faster than any other in my life. I remember when I was young the years just crawled by at a snails pace but now it's like I can't slow things down enough. Why can't she stay a baby for just a little bit longer? I guess it's because each stage offers something so wonderful and even more special than the last. Eventually she'll be my best friend like my mom is to me. What a time that will be...
Happy 1st Birthday Olivia Sha and Welcome to Toddlerville.
No comments:
Post a Comment