Sunday, November 30, 2008

Not Enough Time

I wish that I did a better job with this blog. What I've noticed is that I only blog about once a month - if that. When I started this my intent was to capture the moments of Livie's day to day adventures so that they would be preserved little tid bits of her life. So far, I've done a pretty lousy job. So I'm going to try to do a little better. I can't make any promises... life is busy and at the end of the day I'm usually too tired to do anything but take my contacts out and crawl into bed. (You see I'm already making excuses in case I don't do any better.) Anyway, I do INTEND to do a better job with Olivia's blog.

So, today has been a pretty lazy Sunday. Olivia has started a new trend (thanks to Ollie and I being weak during the middle of the night) of letting Livie sleep with us. Last night we decided to "break" this habit. At 1:20am after repeated attempts to get her in her crib she finally drifted off to sleep. She woke up at around 4:30 and being too tired to just comfort her and put her back to bed I carried her back to our room. There she slept until almost 10:30. I made breakfast at 9:30 thinking that the smells of scrambled eggs and sausage would lure Ollie and Livie to wake up. No such luck. So I ate and watched Bridezillas. What a crappy piece of addictive television that is. So finally my posse joined the land of the living and enjoyed a cold breakfast. Livie and I then chilled out downstairs - blew bubbles, colored, read Strawberry Shortcake & Minnie Mouse books about 100 times and tried to pet Chewie (gently). Then it was time for the Panthers game. I'm afraid Ollie's and my addiction to football is going to lead to my little lady picking up one too many 4 letter words. Today she learned, "dammit" from her daddy. Yes - I'm giving him the credit for that one. Lord help us! By about half time Livia was sleepy, so off she and I went to take a little siesta - in our bed. I know I should have put her in her crib but I love taking naps with that precious girl. She looks like a little old lady when she sleeps and that makes me smile. After the game there's not much to tell other than she ate her messiest meal yet - spaghetti with herb sauce and shrimp. I actaully just finished cleaning that up. Now it's time for her bath and another attempt at getting her to sleep in her very special bed. Wish us luck!

No comments: