As for Vegas in general, I have to say, I was pretty impressed by basically everything. The hotel was fantastic, the food was amazing (my mouth is watering just thinking about the lunch we had at one of the "outdoor" cafes in the Venetian, the lights and sounds are almost overwhelming. We took in a show, we lost some cash, we won some cash thanks to the Steelers, we loved getting to sleep in and after day 3 we were ready to come home.
Something changes when you have a baby. Ollie and I both could not wait to get back home to see Olivia. It didn't help that it snowed in Charlotte while we were away. We missed her first snowball and sled ride. Why do those things happen when you're away?
Seriously, the best part of going away can be coming home. Really, can Vegas compete with a little girl squealing and running laps around Grandma's house when she sees her mommy and daddy for the first time in 5 days? I don't think so.
Liv's 1st Sled Ride
Liv's 1st Snowball
No comments:
Post a Comment