I guess it's not in the cards for me to have a completely worry free pregnancy. This week I went in for my check up and we found that Baby Ace has a heart arrythmia. I could hear when the nurse checked his heart rate that something wasn't quite right. In fact it was the same way last time but the nurse didn't say anything. I remember thinking... is the monitor broken? But I didn't say anything. I wish I had.
Ace's heart skips every 5th or 6th beat. I actually have the same thing but my skipped beats are much more random and not as frequent. So the next morning Ollie and I went to see a specialist to get a better look at his heart and to make sure that everything else still looks good. Watching his tiny heart misfire was scary but the pronosis was good. Likely his condition will go away perhaps even before he's born. And if it doesn't he'll just be like me and it really shouldn't interfere with anything at all.
Ollie and I talked afterwards about how scary ultrasounds are. For most people they are something to really look forward to and enjoy. For us... well we're terrified about what we're going to see or find out. The room is dark and it's quiet. We don't say a word. We're looking at the images on the monitor just as closely as the doctor is - making sure that everything looks ok. Baby Ace is ok. Thank you God!
I really can't wait for him to get here - espeically now. I want to look at his little face for the first time and feel like everything really is going to be ok. That's how it was with Livie. The very first time our eyes met I knew that no matter what... everything was going to be ok. She was/is my baby and Ace will be my baby too. I have that feeling of protectiveness about him and a deeper connection than I've felt earlier in my pregnancy. I can't wait to meet my baby boy. But I will wait... 6 more weeks.
2 comments:
So glad baby Ace is doing A-ok! We cant wait for him to come into this world either! He is one loved little boy already.
Our prayers are with you and little Ace! He is going to be just perfect - like Livie!
Post a Comment