As a new mom you have to learn about alot of things. There's nursing, diapering, burping and more. Tonight we hit a milestone with feeding.
As I mentioned before, our pediatrician told us earlier this week that we could start feeding Livia rice cereal. I was thinking this was something like Rice Krispies. Well, as I now know...not so much. My mom brought the celefane wrapped box home yesterday and the picture on the box looked a little like grits. I'm a southern girl, so grits are fine by me.
Since Ollie got back into town from Augusta today, tonight was the night!! Livie's first BIG people dinner! I started by following the directions on the side of the box...1 tbsp of cereal & 4 tbsps of formula. A swish, a quick jaunt in the microwave, another swish and voila rice cereal! We strapped Livie in the highchair, plopped the bowl down on the plastic tray and got the camera ready. I took the rubber coated spoon, dipped it in the unusual mixture (grits it's not, unless you like your grits really runny) and sort of accidentally jammed it in her mouth. I think more went up her nose than her mouth. So, I need to work on my technique - it's my first time too! I gave her a few more spoonfuls while Ollie had face wiping duty and mom snapped pics. Then we traded places like a "Ring Around the Livie" game.
Livie's reaction to this momentous occasion was so funny! She blew bubbles on the spoon and made little uummmmm sounds. The amazing thing was - she liked it! The fake grits, fake Rice Krispies - she really liked it! She cried out every time we didn't have the spoon in her mouth. So for our first time, I think we'll call this a success.
As I mentioned before, our pediatrician told us earlier this week that we could start feeding Livia rice cereal. I was thinking this was something like Rice Krispies. Well, as I now know...not so much. My mom brought the celefane wrapped box home yesterday and the picture on the box looked a little like grits. I'm a southern girl, so grits are fine by me.
Since Ollie got back into town from Augusta today, tonight was the night!! Livie's first BIG people dinner! I started by following the directions on the side of the box...1 tbsp of cereal & 4 tbsps of formula. A swish, a quick jaunt in the microwave, another swish and voila rice cereal! We strapped Livie in the highchair, plopped the bowl down on the plastic tray and got the camera ready. I took the rubber coated spoon, dipped it in the unusual mixture (grits it's not, unless you like your grits really runny) and sort of accidentally jammed it in her mouth. I think more went up her nose than her mouth. So, I need to work on my technique - it's my first time too! I gave her a few more spoonfuls while Ollie had face wiping duty and mom snapped pics. Then we traded places like a "Ring Around the Livie" game.
Livie's reaction to this momentous occasion was so funny! She blew bubbles on the spoon and made little uummmmm sounds. The amazing thing was - she liked it! The fake grits, fake Rice Krispies - she really liked it! She cried out every time we didn't have the spoon in her mouth. So for our first time, I think we'll call this a success.
2 comments:
Im not gonna lie...I laughed out loud and even read it to Todd :o) Miss you!
I did too Courtney! I can just imagine Livie growling for more food. I bet she was so glad to have something to eat other than milk.
Post a Comment