Olivia will be 5 months old this coming Wednesday and this past week I spent my first night away from her. To be truthful, I was kind of looking forward to it because it meant 1 full night of sleep. So I made the 2 hour drive to Hendersonville, NC thinking about how I was going to go to bed at 9pm so I could get a long, restful night's sleep. I checked in at 6pm, went to a dinner at 6:30 and was the first to leave so that I could get tucked in early. I snuggled up under the covers and drifted off before 10pm. Then I woke up at 12:30. Then I woke up at 2:30. Then I woke up at 3:3o. Then I woke up at 6:00. Well...so much for a full night of sleep. As it turns out I'm no longer on Kenna time - I'm on Livie time. Actually she doesn't even wake up nearly that often. I just couldn't fully relax knowing that I was far away from her.
So at 6:00 I just decided to get up. I went to eat breakfast and then called Ollie to see how my little princess made it through the night. He told me she slept from 7:30pm to 5:00am. She's done this many times before and I was happy that she made it through the night without me - even if I couldn't make it through the night without her. Then he told me something that maybe he should have just let me kind of find out when I got home. He excitedly said, "Guess what she did?" I said, "What?" Ollie then said, "You're not going to belive it, she's holding her bottle all by herself now!" I was like, are you kidding me? I leave for 1 night (not even 24 hours) and she does something totally cute! Aside from being maybe just a little jealous that I didn't get to see it, I'm actually really proud of her. My little bambino is growing up - doing something on her own. It's happening so fast. Before I know it she'll be doing everything on her own and she won't need me anymore. It's kind of sad in a way but as a parent that's what you want for your kids. For them to be independent and taking care of business. She's on her way... my little Livie.
2 comments:
I love checking the website for new posts- I can't wait to see my cousins next week :o)
I almost cried when I read this one. I cant believe she's holding her own bottle! I LOVE IT WHEN BABIES DO THIS. I cant believe you missed it. That makes me so sad!
Post a Comment