Sunday, December 16, 2007

What's Up Doc?


Yes, I know it's been a while since my last post but things have been so busy! It's the holiday season so there's shopping to do, parties to go to and that's on top of everyday life stuff. During this holiday craziness though Miss Olivia just keeps growing and changing.
Last week she turned 6 months old - it was her 1/2 birthday! We celebrated by going to the doctor and getting several shots! Poor Livie!! On the up side we found out that she's now 27 inches long and 16 pounds 2 ounces! The doctor was impressed by how well she could sit on her own and how healthy she is. The doctor also said she thought we have a couple of teeth just about ready to come in. Her gums have been pretty swollen and she's been a little cranky so I'm not that surprised.


While waiting for the doctor we discovered that Livie's favorite "toy" is the paper they put over the examining table. She absolutely love kicking it, grabbing it, ripping it, etc.! She had a blast! So if anyone's wondering what to get her as a Christmas gift... paper.


One cool thing the doctor didn't see was that Olivia is on the verve of a huge milestone. Just in the last couple of weeks when she's on her tummy she's started pulling her knees up underneath her and push up at the same time! I think we're going to have a crawler pretty soon. I guess it's time to start bubble wrapping our house! Seriously, I couldn't be more excited!!


Note: In case you are wondering about the fabulous photos on this blog most of them are courtesy of Danielle, our photographer extraordinaire!! http://www.elllaruephotography.com/

1 comment:

toddandcourtney said...

Oh my little cousin is growing up! I check the blog almost everyday for updates & loved this one. Paper is now on her Christmas list..haha :o) Love ya'll! Court