Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Teeth Have Landed!


I never knew that at just 7 1/2 months old it would be time to teach Livie the finer points about dental hygeine. The brushing. The flossing. The mouthwash. But my baby has teeth. Her first tooth, after much gnawing and drooling, finally appeared about 2 weeks ago. Followed shortly there after with tooth #2.

Now knowing what I do about teething, I think the Tooth Fairy has it all wrong. Babies really earn their teeth with lots of pain and drool and rashes caused by the drool. When your 6 or 7 your teeth just start falling out. There's not a whole lot of effort or pain. I propose to the Tooth Fairy that she starts to make her cash drop offs when teeth appear - not disappear. And I also think she should kick in a few bucks for the parents who have to sooth their teething tykes. Just like any other business you should get paid when the work is done - not 6 years later. I digress...

I'm very excited about these new chicklets since it means chewing and a wider (less smelly) variety of baby food is just around the corner!

TTFN,

Livie's Mommy

2 comments:

J Danielle said...

hahahahaha. I love my little Livers! I think it's so funny that she has two little "chicklets" poking out from a gummy mouth. I cant wait to see more!

toddandcourtney said...

My little cousin is growing up---she has teeth!