What an amazing gift is has been to spend time and get to know one another as mommy and baby. I have gotten to spend hours this summer just looking at sweet Ace's chubby little cheeks and dark chocolate eyes. I know how to comfort him better than any one else. I know which of his gestures means he's hungry and which mean he's tired. He's a officially a momma's boy - just the way my little 11 week old should be.
I've also had the chance to spend one on one time with my Livie Loo. We've spent hours at the YMCA pool - jumping in and out of the water, learning to float and doing the pool time Hokey Pokey. We've made inch worms in playdough and colored Elmo pictures, scribbled on the sidewalk and started to learn how to ride a tricycle.
We didn't go on any fancy or not so fancy vacations. We were at home. And I loved every minute.
I go back to work in one more week and I am really going to miss these two faces.


(Thank you so much, Mom - this summer has been such a gift because of you. I will treasure it my whole life.)
2 comments:
It has been my most special treat as well, dear...getting to bond with Baby Ace and having grand times with that fun-loving Livie Loo! Treasured memories for sure!
Kenna, you are such a sweet and WONDERFUL human being!! You are a great mommy and your two little babies are so lucky to have you as their mommy! Livie Loo and Prince Ace are so cute!
Post a Comment