Quite some time ago my mom told me that she would need to go back to work. Retirement is nearing for my folks and they want to be as prepared as possible to enjoy life together when the working days are done. With her going back to work it has meant stressing over what to do for child care.
I have to say that God works in mysterious ways. In the midst of my stressing I got an e-mail from our sweet next door neighbor Natalie. She was leaving her job in Recreational Therapy and knew that we were going to need to figure something out for the kiddos. She offered to take care of them. If there was to be anyone outside of my family that I would hand pick to take care of Ace and Livie it would be Natalie. She's amazing with kids. She's like the Pied Piper for the kids on our street. They love her and she loves them. What's not to love though, she's funny and playful and caring and nurturing. I asked Livie one night if should would like to start staying with Natalie or go back to school (meaning go to a day care). She didn't hesitate. She wanted Natalie (or Matalie as she used to and sometimes still calls her).
So last night Natalie and I talked. I just wanted to make sure this was something she was really up for doing and to go through the details. I'm so happy to say that things are working out. We'll have to play things as they go. Natalie and her new hubs Matt are hoping for a baby and we're hoping that for them too. She will be an AMAZING mom! In the mean time Live and Ace are going to have so much fun with Miss Matalie!
I know that my mom is going to miss seeing the kids on a near daily basis. And they will miss her dearly. Especially Livie - she's so attached to Grandma (so much so that she's more than once has called me Gran..mommy). :) But my folks still live close by and I think it will make their time together that much more special.
I was told once, "God never comes late. He may not come when you want him to, but he's never late." It really can be so amazing to watch his plan fall into place.
2 comments:
That will be so wonderful and the kiddos will be so close to home. When does this all start? Matalie sounds fun :) She is really so sweet so I'm sure the kiddos will have a blast!
Natalie is definitely an answer to our prayers. I will surely miss my two angels during the week, but knowing that they have Natalie will make the transition so much nicer! I prayed and prayed about this and I agree...God answered the prayers!Liv and Ace will be fine, and Grandma and Papa will, too, as soon as we get the tears wiped from our eyes! Just be aware we do plan to steal them on some weekends!
Post a Comment