Friday, October 29, 2010

Traveling

Over the last few weeks we have been a traveling crew.  I'm not sure how many miles we've put on my car, but it's alot!  One of our trips was a week long trip to visit Ollie's family in Toronto.  We took 2 days to get there and 2 days to get home - stopping just outside of Pittsburgh each time.  It was a wonderful time of year to make a long distance driving trip like that.  Some highlights from the road:

~ The kiddos traveled really well and were so good (other than 1 or 2 fits, but hey they were in the car for 8 hours a day).
~ The fall leaves were in full effect the farther north we went. 
~ The tunnels.  There are 2 tunnels that we go through in Virgina/West Virgina.  Liv & Ace LOVED them.  It was like a carnival ride or something.  I think it was the lights inside.  Whatever it was though it's was so cool to see their faces as we went through them.
~ Stopping off at the outlets for a few minutes in Grove City, PA.
~ The bridge over the highway in Angola, NY is so cool.  (Word to the wise though - don't get the pizza.  Hideously bad.)
~ Shopping duty free on our way home.
~ The Cambria Hotel.  Ollie and I saw it on Undercover Boss.  It's a new hotel from the Choice Hotel group.  It was so nice and modern.  I felt like I was in Vegas staying there (minus the casinos but actually that was just across the street). 
~ Border patrol was nice going both ways.  Imagine that.

The only negative was all of the fast food.  I don't want to see a McDonalds french fry for like a year... at least. 

Crossing the Border.

No comments: