Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Her Tooth and Her Heart

We interrupt our vacation recap to bring you some breaking news. 

I remember it like yesterday.  My baby girl's first tooth appeared.  Now it seems they are disappearing.  Olivia lost her very first tooth yesterday.  I can hardly remember the last time I've seen her THIS excited. 



So as you can imagine the Tooth Fairy stopped by our house last night.  She dropped off 5 $1 bills sprinkled in fairy dust.  The first words out of my girl's mouth were that she wanted me to have the money for Christmas.  Oh, my heart.  It just about burst in my chest, right then and there.  I told her absolutely not and that she should keep the money and do something special for herself.  A few minutes later she came and asked me if she could give 1 of her dollars to Ace.  Again, my heart.   I told her if that's really what she wanted to do, she could.  I hope this giving, selfless nature that Olivia posesses lasts her whole life.  I swear she makes me a better person, not the other way around. 

No comments: