Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Show Us Your Life: Favorite Vacation Spot

I have to admit, I'm a little late on the blog theme over at Kelly's Korner. I didn't have the pictures I wanted to share on my home computer so it's taken me a little longer to get this going. The theme for the week was favorite vacation spots. While I've been on some great vacations I always come back from Hilton Head wishing I didn't have to leave. I love the beauty, the food, the relaxation, pretty much everything about it.

A few of my favorites about HHI:
Place to Stay
- Marriott; right on the beach with a pool & restaurant that over look the Atlantic.
Places to Eat - Old Fort Pub (pricey but the atmosphere, service & of course the food are AWESOME); Hudson's (best fried seafood on the island); Il Capriano (best Italian); Skillets (best breakfast); there are tons of other great places but I love these. Wherever you go you have to try the She Crab Soup. It's one of the things the SC Lowcountry is known for and it's especially good in Hilton Head.
Things to Do: Relax on the Beach; Mini Golf at Pirates Island; Watch the fireworks at Shelter Cove; Shop at the outlets in Bluffton; Take a boat ride over to Daufuskie Island; Tour the Harbor Town Light House
Must Have Souvenir: T-shirt from the Salty Dog Cafe (the food wasn't my favorite but it's just one of those things you have to do in HHI)

Scenes From One of My Favorite Places:




1 comment:

Todd and Courtney said...

Oh I love me some Hilton Head! Speaking of, I'll be sending a big email to the fam about when we're headed there in Oct!