Saturday, August 1, 2009

Dreams


Ollie just tucked Livie into bed. One of her favorite books is Olivia the Pig. Our Livie is so much like Olivia the pig, it's no wonder that she loves it. At the end of the story Olivia (the pig) had dreams of becoming a ballerina. Ollie asked Livie if she has dreams. Her response was, "Dreams" and she held up both of her arms. As Ollie told me this the tears started welling up.

I doubt that she knew the significance of her actions. I doubt she fully understands what a dream is. I doubt she realizes that's she is just a little bit different and a little more special.

Someday I will tell her she is perfection and just the way God intended her to be. I will tell her to shrug off anyone that says differently. Every person in this world has something about them that is not like anyone else. That is the beauty of life. I will tell her she is beautiful... because she truly is.

If only she knew that her dream is the same as mine.

2 comments:

Todd and Courtney said...

She is SO Beautiful....so so gorgeous. She's so sweet too. Linds got some awesome pics of Livie and Lauren at the shower. They were so sweet together :)

Anonymous said...

:) I love my Livers! She is definitely, without a doubt, ONE OF A KIND!