Friday, August 7, 2009

Show Us Your Life: The After Party

Well we're back with another round of Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life. This week it's keeping with the wedding theme but we're on to the after party and honeymoon.

Since we were in Charleston and everyone was basically coming from out of town we wanted to do something a little different for the reception, so we chartered a dinner cruise around the harbor. I love that it was a little different and hopefully something people will remember about our wedding day.

Our first dance was to Jack Johnson's "Better Together".

Me and dad dancing to Alabama's "Never Be One". It's been our song since I was knee high to a grasshopper.

Ollie and his mom dancing to "Wonderful World" - Ollie's dad's favorite song. He had great taste!

I have to tell you... I DID NOT pick this sad, little wedding cake. My actual cake was dropped. I never even laid eyes on the cake I chose. Our wedding planner scurried over the the nearest Piggly Wiggly and stacked 3 coconut cakes on top of each other so that we would have something there to cut and serve.
When the planner told me about the cake I'm pretty sure she was expecting some sort of bridezilla tirade, but I really could have cared less. I still don't care. If a dropped cake is the worst I have to deal with then I'm living right. :) Since we didn't have a top layer to freeze Ollie and I just trek over to Harris Teeter and pick up a coconut cake to celebrate our anniversary - every year.

This would be my brother-in-law. All I can tell you is that he could give the MJ (RIP)a run for his money. Seriously... we are talking MAD skills!

And guys make fun of girls going after the bouquet???

I am happy to report that the lucky lady catching the bouquet is now my sister-in-law. :)

A sparkling send off.

Ollie and I took a delayed honeymoon to Hilton Head. It's one of our favorite places but we've been several times so we really didn't take any pictures. We just ate tons of great food and kicked back.

Good times folks... good times.

3 comments:

Todd and Courtney said...

I love it!! And look at our faces (Linds & I) during the bouquet toss! Hilarious!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Beautiful pictures....

Just blog hopping and found your blog


I have a GREAT giveaway going through Sunday night...$100 Surprise Gift....with a little Christmas to go along with it.

Unknown said...

I remember our wedding coordinator advising us that she lost our CDs. We had the same attitude.
My husband has been in my life for 20+ years and I still feel my heart skip a beat when he walks in the door.
I pray that all you ladies have that feel for years to come.
What a beautiful reception ~ the cake and decorations.
You both look so happy!