Friday, September 4, 2009

Show Us Your Life: The Wonder Years

Most of the people that know me have NEVER, EVER seen what I'm about to show you! This week over at Kelly's Korner the theme is school pictures. Kelly must have a serious sense of humor. Looking back over childhood photos is funny and embarrassing at the same time.

Exhibit A

















I'm not even sure exactly how old I am in the picture. I'm guessing this is kindergarten. I actually would wear that shirt now if I could find one in my size. Not too bad of a start here. But I assure you it gets better!

Exhibit B

















Grade 2. Still not all that bad. I look a little sleepy but still fairly cute in a second grade sort of way. :) Moving on...

Exhibit C

















Grade 3. Enter the Punky Bruster Era. You can't tell from this picture but I'm sure I was wearing hot pink shoes with mis-matched laces. And don't be jealous but this shirt was reversible! It's a two-fer-one baby!

Exhibit D

















Grade 4. What? Ok this is a SC Gamecock bandanna around my neck with my mom's diamond ring as a clasp?? Seriously, was she not nervous that I could loose that on the playground? And the hair? It was picture day. Could I not manage a brush?

Exhibit E

















Grade 5. O.M.G.

Exhibit F

















Grade 6. Clearly I discovered "bangs" and bad posture.

Exhibit G

















Grade 7. Nothing says SPIRIT like a bad perm and big bangs.

Exhibit H












Grades 8 & 9 must have been so bad we didn't buy the picture. Scary! So here I am at Grade 10. Not too bad. At least I lost the bangs. That was my BFF Jennifer back in the day. We were State Champs in pretty much every sport that year! Go Tigers!

Exhibit I

















Grade 12. Senior picture. Why couldn't the flat iron been invented just a few years sooner? Oh well.

I hoped you've enjoyed this walk down memory lane. I'm off to see if they still make Stiff Stuff hair spray. :)

5 comments:

Bridgette said...

Great pictures!

Mrs. M said...

The pictures are WONDERFUL!!! You have always been beautiful!!! And you still are! Thanks for sharing, it was great!!!

Todd and Courtney said...

niiiice I still need to do this upload. I love Kelly! Her ideas are fabulous!

SMillwood said...

I love them...you were and always will be my BEAUTIFUL daughter! ;-) Love you, Mom

Rebecca Gautreaux said...

girl you make me laugh! i always preferred the aussie line (sprunch spray!) or aqua net, classic! :):):)