Some of my favorite memories growing up are of Saturdays spent at Williams Brice Stadium. We had season tickets until we moved to the "other" Carolina when I was 16. I can't tell you how many cheers my cousins and I made up on the fairgrounds or how many times I clapped to the fight song or sang along to "Kiss Them Goodbye".
When I was in middle school my cheerleading squad went to the USC cheer camp. Can you say AWESOME!?! I even still remember part of our dance to "Step by Step" (NKOTB) that we learned that summer. Note: That's me with my eyes closed in the blue shirt.
In fact until we joined the SEC and I watched Peyton Manning shred our defense, I had never been to a loosing SC game. Ah, those where the days. After we moved, we gave up our tickets but we still love the Gamecocks! We try to make it back every once in a while and when we do, I still get chills when I hear 2001 and the players run on to the field. It's truly sports magic. These days I'm trying to raise little gamecocks and so far, so good.
"Gooooooooooooo COCKS! FIGHT! WIN!!"



2 comments:
Ahhh cuteness. And OMG, Livie looks just like you in that picture. I love it!
love this picture! GO COCKS!!!!!!!! :) I totally agree with you, you can't go to WB stadium and not fall in love/become a fan!
Post a Comment