Thursday, October 1, 2009

Nicknames

When Olivia was little and first learning to talk I often wondered if she would know which of her names was her REAL name.  She's had tons of nick names - some sticking better than others. 
A few of them:
Livie - The one that's stuck and what she calls herself/
Livie Loo - My personal fav.
Loo Loo
Liv - Ollie calls her this almost exclusively.
Peanut
Lady - I called her this mainly when she was a tiny baby - she was my little lady.
Lady Bug
Olivia Sha - saved for when I mean business - just like my mom used to do.  Although I usually got the full Kenna Sha Millwood!

Ace is now on the same trend and in fact has another person in the house assigning him new names on an almost daily basis. 
His names go something like this:
Acey or AC
Ace of Base - I'm sure he will love being referred to as the mid 90's hitmakers of "The Sign"
Acey Base
AB - This one is from Livie Loo - I think there's some sort of coorelation to learning her ABC's - she know's A is for Ace and B is for Ben and so on.
AD - But then again she's 2.  There may be no reason at all.
80 - Because of the AD - Get it?  At least we've established what his # will be should he decide to play ball.

I'm quite sure with all of these names I've set my children up to have a complete identity crisis someday.  How about you guys?  Do you have a nick name?  Do you have nick names for your kiddos?

3 comments:

Todd and Courtney said...

Lauren is LaLa, sweet pea, pumpkin, tiny squirt, and love bug :)

Unknown said...

Chipper= Chippy, Chipper-Bay, Chip, Starper, Chippy-Dip, Dipper, Pisser, Dippy, Beethoven, Bait, Baysy, & Titers.

Molly= Molly Woggles, Meateor, Molly Hatchet, Molly Mayhem,Fatty McDaniel, Precious Pie, & Ma.

Mrs. M said...

Landan = Lan-Dan, sweat pea, lan-dino, baby boy, sweet boy

Sadie = Sadie Lady, sweat pea, sadie beatty, Sadie mae, sweet girl