Thursday, April 29, 2010

Giddyup!

This past weekend Ollie and I were lucky enough to check our the Queen's Cup Steeplechase.   It was our first time and it was SO cool.  The horses were amazing to watch - as were the ladies hats.  The betting was fun!  The free food and drinks were great! I can't wait until Livie and Ace are old enough to go to this.  They have Jack Russell terrier races in the morning (which we missed) but I know they would love it.  Livie espeically.  She is crazy about horses. 

Welcome to the Steeplechase!

Jumping hedges.  They made it look easy.  Except for the 1 or 2 that didn't make it over.

Pure speed.

Ollie and I bet on 5 races.  Our first two horses looked something like this crossing the finish line.  Yes, that would be walking and jockeyless.  However we hit pay dirt on the 4th race and won a whopping $13.  Please don't bother calling for loans.

Enjoying the festivities.  Please ignore my streaky tan.  I clearly have no skills when it comes to self tanner. 

This is just the first of Ollie's and my spectating over the past few days.  Tomorrow I'll catch you up on the rest of what we've been up to. 

No comments: