I can't even explain how excited she was leading up to her party and on the day of. She was beyond happy. Something I hope I always remember is her joy on Saturday.
To make the party special I added a few special touches to the party. I started by creating a invitations and table scape using Chuck E. friendly colors - purple, green & white.
I did alternating fabrics for the table covers, set out matching paper lanterns and then tweaked a few paper goods. I'm sure some folks thought it was overboard but like I said, I wanted it to be special. I wanted it to be less cookie cutter.
A closer look.
I made the hats, utensil wrappers and stickers for the cups.
Ok. So the cake is just insanely AWESOME! It was inspired by one I found online and tweaked to match the colors along with a few other changes. It was so, so good! Thank you Mollie & Lady Jayne Bakery!!
And last but not least I made little favor bags for our sweet guests. They included little purple water bottles that I personalized with the children's names, green sunglasses, sidewalk chalk wrapped up and tied with ribbon (labeled "Chuck's Chaulk"), coupons printed online for CEC and bubbles w/ a customized Chuck E. label. I thought they were pretty sweet. One thing I was going to add was a hand tied bag of Chuck E. Cheese Doodles - but I ran out of room. I'm sure they weren't missed, but it would have been cute.
I know that I looked for inspiration to make a CEC party unique but there is seriously nothing out there. Which kind of like Ace's party, actually even more so, forced me to be creative. And that was fun!
Tomorrow I'll show you my sweet girl in all of her 3 year old birthday glory.

2 comments:
Awesome job, Kenna! You make every party special for those dolls and they will remember them with such fondness!
I agree with your mom, and we're waiting for the pictures of the birthday girl and all of her friends! What are you, busy or something? :) I hope you got pictures of Evan and his temper tantrum when it was time to share the phone game/toy/whatever with sweet little Grace. Ha ha! :)
Post a Comment