Thursday, July 1, 2010

Beach

Last week my parent's took a well deserved vacation to HHI.  I took off to stay home and play with Livie and Ace while they were away.  As they posted pictures from their trip on Facebook, I made the comment like I wished we were there.  My mom wrote back, to join them!  So we did.  The kids and I totally crashed their vacation.  It was only for 2 nights and trust me I quadruple checked to make sure it was really ok and not just a passing comment. 

I am SO GLAD we went.  We had a great time.  Livie and Ace are water bugs.  Livie is getting more and more confident in the water.  She doesn't need me to hold her at all now.  She swam back and forth between my dad and I in the pool (with her life vest on).  She still doesn't really like to go under just yet.  That whole breathing under water thing takes time and water up your nose in the mean time is really just not cool.  Ace is a natural in the water.  That kiddo just throws his head back as if he's going to take off doing the backstroke.  He puts his face in the water.  He tries VERY hard to swim moving his arms and kicking his legs.  It's pretty amazing to watch him go. 

We all loved the ocean, the food and the time with grandma and papa.  I'm so grateful that that let us crash the last couple of days of their trip.  The only thing missing was Daddy.  :(  He had to work.  Hopefully, we'll be back this fall so he can see the water babies in action! 

Here's a few pics from our mini vacation.

Walking the pier at the Boathouse.

Waiting for our table.

Acey having a sip of something.

And playing "Where's Acey?"

Livie - always entertaining.

Me and my beach babes.

Liking the waves but loving the pool.

Miss Priss checking things out.

Splash!

What happens when your the youngest.

Pool times = good times.

2 comments:

Todd and Courtney said...

oh I love that place. We might go back for Lauren's birthday, can't decide. It's just so peaceful there.

SMillwood said...

SOOOOOOOOOO glad you and the babes were able to join us! It was a wonderful vacation and the only thing that could have improved it was to get Ollie, Ben, and Danielle there so we could have the whole family together! We'll have to get that planned!