Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tis the Season

So everything is now back in it's place.  The washer and dryer are back in the laundry room.  The toilets are out of the tubs and placed exactly how they were before.  Everything seems to be exactly as it should be.  Except for one thing.  Actually a few things. 

This past weekend we went over to my parents house to visit for a little while.  They have already started decorating for Christmas.  They are going to be away this weekend for my cousin's wedding and like to have everything up by Thanksgiving.  So the process has begun.  Furniture had been moved.  Their tree was already up and decorated.  Everything felt so warm.  Isn't that what all of the wreaths and garlands and ornaments and 6 ft. Santa's do?  They make a home feel warm. 

Being there made me want the same thing.  A warm house.  Not that ours isn't usually, but it's a process trying to get a new house to look cozy.  To me nothing speeds up that process like Christmas.  It's not even just the decor.  It's the music.  It's the excitement.  It's the weather outside the walls.  It's a feeling.  And I love it. 

So I'm ready to pull out the decorations from the garage and play "O Holy Night".  I'm ready to read Elf on the Shelf to Livie and Ace for the first time.  I'm ready to start savoring the season.

No comments: