Last year for my mom's side of the family we met at my cousin Courtney's house in Tennessee. She lives on a mountain in Chattanooga and it was the perfect setting for Turkey Day.
One of my favorite pictures of the three of us.
Ollie & Todd chowing down.
A little dark but - Lindsay, Me, a month old baby Lauren and Livie getting her first dose of being "gentle" with a baby.
A perfect fall Turkey Day.
Me and my girl.
Livie with funny Uncle Johnny.
Meet Brett, Jeremiah & Tristan. Boys totally run my dad's side of the family. I was the only girl in my generation for many years until my cousins Paige & Peyton were born and so far Livie is in hers. The opposite is true on my mom's side where the girls seem to rule the roost.
I think that this year we will be at my parent's house. It will also be my first time to really help out with the cooking. One of the things I'm thinking of making is this:
Pumpkin Bars
2 cups flour
2 tps. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsps. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ginger
2 cups sugar
1 cup salad oil
4 eggs
16 oz. canned pumpkin
Mix all together. Grease and flour cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees 20-25 minutes.
Frosting
3 oz. cream cheese softened
6 T. butter softened
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar.
Mix all together and spread on top of the cooled pumpkin bars.
This is from my friend Samantha. What do you think?
Thanksgiving may be a little bit smaller affair this year, but it will still be a good meal, good conversation, good football, good weather, good naps and good times.
Pumpkin Bars
2 cups flour
2 tps. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsps. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ginger
2 cups sugar
1 cup salad oil
4 eggs
16 oz. canned pumpkin
Mix all together. Grease and flour cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees 20-25 minutes.
Frosting
3 oz. cream cheese softened
6 T. butter softened
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar.
Mix all together and spread on top of the cooled pumpkin bars.
This is from my friend Samantha. What do you think?
Thanksgiving may be a little bit smaller affair this year, but it will still be a good meal, good conversation, good football, good weather, good naps and good times.
P.S. Can't you tell my sister-in-law was at the Millwood Thanksgiving? Such good pictures!






1 comment:
I like it!! I want to make those pumpkin bars. I have no idea what we're doing this year. I've been home sick the past 2 days, yuck! Todd has been Mr. Mom. I'm hoping all of this sickness will be gone soon so we don't have a Christmas like last year. Do you remember how sick everyone was? yuck!
Post a Comment