Thursday, January 14, 2010

Be Moved

The world shook in Haiti two days ago.  Violently.  People are dying.  People are scared.  People are searching.  It's heartbreaking. 

Sometimes it takes the earth moving to get our attention.  It's a not so gentle reminder of how fragile things really are.

My hope as a mom is that my children will be compassionate.  I want them to be givers.  When there is a cry for help I hope that they will be moved.  Do something.  I will hopefully lead by example. 

If you can give to the relief efforts in Haiti please do.  It's easy.  Go to:  http://www.compassion.com/ or www.samaritanspurse.org/ or http://www.redcross.org/.  And pray.  Pray for the people of Haiti and those that love them and those that are on the front lines trying to help.

1 comment:

Todd and Courtney said...

Isn't that so sad? I feel so horrible for the dad that is there right now on a Compassion trip and his wife and 2 little boys back home, here in the States, don't know if he is alive or not. He hasn't updated his twitter or anything since the earthquake. As I was putting Lauren to sleep last night, I was thinking about all of those mommies there. Some may not know where their babies are or if they are even alive. It kills me!