Thursday, January 7, 2010

Not Telling


I had a really interesting conversation with the little girl in the picture above while driving home from Grandma's house yesterday.  Wednesday's are school days.  So naturally on the way home I asked her, "What did you do at school today Livie?"  Her response, "I'm not telling."  I actually asked again becuase I wasn't sure I heard her correctly.  When I got the same answer my mind started racing.  Do what?  You're not telling?  You're 2 not 12, Miss Priss.  You better tell.  I maturely responded, "If you don't tell me, then I won't turn on the car light."  It was dark so she wanted me to flip it on for a sec so she could see the M&Ms Grandma gave her before we left.  My tactic worked.  But seriously, I have to bribe my 2 YEAR OLD to tell me what happened at school?  Geez.  What is life going to be like at 12 or 13? 

3 comments:

Todd and Courtney said...

ha, I like it! She's a smart, funny girl :)

Rebecca Gautreaux said...

i love it. your fun has just begun. :)

Anonymous said...

DUH MOM!!!!!