Monday, January 4, 2010

Purple

In the next few weeks we are having all of the drywall repairs- cracks, nail pops, seams (there's ALOT) completed on house.  I've been waiting for this.  Waiting for 1 long year.  We decided to put off painting our house until this was done so we wouldn't have to REpaint when the new drywall mud gets slapped on and sanded down.  After a year with sanitarium white walls (except for Ace's room - I couldn't have a white walled nursery) I've had enough and CAN NOT wait to start painting. 

We decided that since Livie is becoming a big girl she could pick her wall color.  We just asked her what color (mommy and daddy, mostly mommy, will pick the shade).  She said she wants purple walls.  Well actually she said purple walls, blue ceiling and red doors.  Hmmm....  maybe next go around, Liv.  But purple walls could be really cute given the right hue with her cream colored furniture.  I've actually got a couple of swatches with purples that aren't too Barney.  My new problem is that I can't find a quilt with purple in it that I like.  Everything for little girls is PINK & GREEN (which by the way are the colors in her room now).  EVERYTHING!  I need help.  Any suggestions? 

1 comment:

Todd and Courtney said...

oh purple might be hard. Pink and green is everywhere which is why Lauren's room are in those colors. Pottery Barn Kids has the Katie nursery that is purple and Target or Jcpenney online might have options.