Monday, February 8, 2010

Fathers & Sons

At the end of the Super Bowl last night I got a little teary.  Not because it was the Saints first Super Bowl win and not becuase it would mean so much to New Orleans.  What got me was seeing Drew Brees holding his little son - whispering in his ear with tears welled up in his eyes.  It was a precious father and son moment. 

(I really hope someone sends them this picture.)

There is something so special between a father and his little man.  Ace is in so many ways a junior version of his daddy.  His calm temperment, his easy laugh, his cool grin - that's all from Ollie.  It's a bond I will obviously not ever really know.  But from the outside looking in - it's pretty incredible. 

2 comments:

Todd and Courtney said...

I totally teared up at the end of the Super Bowl too. And I secretly hope we have a little boy one day :)

Unknown said...

You're a very good writer, sis.