Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Team Canada

WARNING:  RAMBLING POST AHEAD!

Better late than never!  I'm a bit delayed with this post but it's been a busy, crazy week:
1. I'm participating in a consignment sale (organizing tons of Liv's old clothes to sell - lots of work, let me tell ya)
2.  Hosting a Pampered Chef party tomorrow night (something fun)
3.  Taking Ace back to the doctor for his post-op check-up.  His ears and hearing are great.  Thank goodness.
4.  The company I work for filed Chapter 11 two days ago.  No worries just yet, I still have a job and will just pray that everything works out.  I know it will. 

Yes, things are crazy but in midst of everything Ollie and I made time for a wonderful anniversary dinner and movie this past weekend.  We saw Shutter Island with my brother, who's in town working and hanging out with the family.  It was a GREAT movie and so wonderful to get to spend some time with Ben. 

We also worked in some time over the last couple of weeks to watch the Olympics.  They were held in probably my favorite city on earth - Vancouver.  I'm not an extreme world traveler by any means, but that city is one of the only places I've ever been to and immediately felt like I could move there.  It's beautiful, friendly, diverse and yet doesn't have that overwhelming feeling that so many other large cities have.  I love it. 

I digress.  The Olympics.

With my husband being Canadian and me being American we had a bit of an in house rivalry going on.  Our poor kids were stuck in the middle.  Some days Livie would chant "USA!  USA!" to the top of her lungs and others it would be "Ca-na-da!  Ca-na-da!".  We have her so confused.  And my little Ace.  Oh Ace... if only you could dress yourself.  Look what your daddy did to you:
I must admit.  He looks quite happy.  Don't worry though I will make sure that he's as equally confused as his sister soon enough.

1 comment:

Todd and Courtney said...

I hear ya on the consignment sale! I spent 3 hours during the entire Bachelor show cutting price tags & pinning them on L's clothes. We aren't keeping everything. I told myself that she gets 1 bin a year for that year's clothes. :) looooooove the pic of Ace & Ollie!