Saturday, December 13, 2008

Lola


Lola is the Filipino word for grandma. I love that...what a great word for grandma! I think it's so cool that Olivia has a whole other family in Canada with an entirely different culture that she can learn about. If only Canada could be a little closer so that we could see them more often.

Livie's Lola calls her at least once a week and sometimes more. Their conversations go something like this... "Hi Livie!" (Say "Hello" Livie.) "Hello." (say "Lola" Livie.) "Lolo." Ollie's mom laughs. Lolo in Filipino is grandpa. That's about the extent of the conversations right now but they mean alot over the miles.

When Lola was here early last year it amazed me how much she and Livie looked alike. Especially one day when they both fell asleep in the back of our car. It was hilarious. Both of their heads falling over to the same side, with their mouths open slightly. They looked like two versions of the same person.

Livie is such a lucky girl to have her Lola. We will miss you for Christmas but can't wait to see you in January!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish she was here this year so I could take more photos of them together!