Tuesday, December 23, 2008

We Be Illin' & The Name Game

Ollie and I had the ultrasound for Chandhok Baby #2 yesterday. I wasn't sure that we were going to be able to make it to the appointment. Poor Livie had this ridiculous stomach virus that I'm sure she caught from one of her preschool buddies that she sees all of 10 hours a week. (It's amazing the stuff kids catch from each other. But I'll save the details of that for another day) So, the day before our ultrasound appointment, I was throwing up all day and had to go to the hospital to get an IV. I can't have bambino #2 getting dehydrated. I was feeling slightly better the morning of the appointment so I drug myself out of my death bed and got a shower (which I desperately needed) and headed to the Drs. office.

When they called us back to the room, I layed down on the table and let them pour the ultrasound goo on my belly. I was actually pretty nervous. As we've learned before you just never know what to expect. Luckily we found out that Chandhok baby #2 is very healthy. So you may be asking... did they find out if it's a boy or a girl? We did. But you'll have to wait until after Christmas to find out! We are waiting to tell our families on Christmas Day. We just thought it would be a nice holiday surprise. I will say that we are EXTREMELY happy with the results... a healthy baby!

Over the past several weeks while we've been wondering if we were going to have a girl or boy we've been talking about names. Olivia Sha came so easily. It was the perfect combination of Ollie's first name (Oliver, duh) and my middle name Sha (which is actually for my mom Sharon). It was a no brainer and we love her name.

We also came up with a boy's name when I was pregnant with Olivia that we love. The first name was a bit random but we were talking about how many times people live up to what they are named. Especially in sports. Examples: Champ Bailey, Boss Bailey, Tiger Woods (ok, so his real name is Eldrige or something like that but you get my point). Ollie and I also seem to have a thing for names that start with vowels. I have no idea why... So our boy name for the last 2 years has been Ace Harvey. Ace is perfect for my golf loving husband. Harvey is in honor of Ollie's dad who passed away when Ollie was in college. From everything I've heard about him he was an amazing person and it's hard to believe I'll never get to meet him. In many ways I sort of feel like I have... he's such a part of Ollie, his brother and Ollie's mom. Ace Harvey - another no brainer.

Since we used our girl name, Ollie and I have been wondering what we should name a second girl if we have one. For girls, we lean towards pretty classic names for the most part with a few trendier ones thrown into the mix. Some of the one's we've talked about are Evyn Kate. This one is pretty cool because it comes from parts of both of my grandmother's names (Yvonne & Mary Katherine). But people kept saying... "that's a boys name." For the record I love that name! Another we talked about was Avery... actually I think I was the only one that liked this one. So thinking of classic names that start with a vowel, I thought of Anna Jane. I know it sounds like the plainest name ever, but I think it's so cute and Jane was my great grandmother's name. Actually her name was Janie but I think Jane works better with Anna. So far no one has objected to Anna Jane and we both love it.

So the question remains will Olivia have a brother, Ace Harvey or a sister, Anna Jane. Olivia & Ace? Olivia & Anna? Well friends, you'll have to wait and see. :)

1 comment:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I love
Olivia....one of my favorites...Stopping by to say Happy Mother's Day...
Have a few hours to blog hop and nothing makes me happier.
I have a GREAT GIVEAWAY that I will be drawing for on Sunday night.