Saturday, December 27, 2008

Let's Hear It for the Boys!


Yep! We are having a baby boy. Little Ace Harvey has planned his debut for May 2009.

I have to admit I'm a little nervous about having a little boy. I feel like I don't know what to do with a boy. Which is a little strange since I grew up with a younger brother. I just don't remember a tremendous amount about him as a tiny baby. More of my memories are from when we were both a little older... playing war on his bunk beds and video games in his room. I remember him running around outside in his Underoos - of course I did that too. I remember when he refused to wear anything but sweatsuits (yeah...the whole suit) and vowed that he would never in his life wear jeans. I remember sitting on metal benches watching him play little league games. I remember him sleeping in his "special bed" (a mattress on the floor in my room). I remember him letting me braid his hair. I remember our adventures "exploring" our backyard and the "witch" that lived in the house behind ours (by the way Ben, if you're reading this... I made that up). I remember that he got to see Santa walking away from our house one Christmas morning. I remember when he went through a He-Man phase... a Nike phase... and a NIN (Nine Inch Nails for those not up on the lingo) phase.

Now my brother has grown into this incredibly creative, smart guy. I admire who he is as a person. He's kind. He's thoughtful. He's insightful. He's wonderful with Olivia (she adores her Unkey Bem). I guess boys and brothers are pretty good! At least from what I know.

I do have one question though... do I need to go and buy one of those pee pee tee pees?

3 comments:

HLB said...

Yay! So excited for you guys!!

Todd and Courtney said...

We're so excited for you! I got Ace a Thanksgiving outfit & sent it back with your parents! It's exciting to have a little boy in the fam!

christy said...

How exciting!